How to Enroll
We’re delighted that you’ve decided to join one of the four Salem Youth Symphony ensembles!
To enroll in Amadeus Players, Philharmonia, or Youth Symphony, you need to have completed your audition. The Mozart Players do not need to audition. All musicians are expected to participate in their school instrumental music programs, when such programs exist. By participating in a school instrumental music program, students benefit by playing every day, become better sight-readers, and play an important part in helping to build meaningful music programs in the schools and communities.
School Music Ensemble Participation Requirement
Salem Youth Symphony, in support of public and private school music programs, requires students to be enrolled in a musical ensemble offered at their school for their instrument. Wind and percussion instrumentalists will participate in their school band program. String instrumentalists will participate in their school orchestra program. The policy does not apply to students whose educational setting does not offer a musical ensemble for their instrument.
This two-page Handbook explains some of the basic expectations that the Salem Youth Symphony has for its members. Please read this document before joining the Salem Youth Symphony.
We need you to complete: (Click on item for link or see Forms)
- Player Profile form Complete this form at your audition, or return it by email, or mail it to P.O. Box 1113, Salem, OR 97308.
Mozart Players No audition required, please call 503-485-2244 or email email@example.com with your intention to participate.
- Enrollment Form 2017-2018 Complete this form online.
- Salem Youth Symphony is successful because of all the time and talent donated by our families! We need each family to provide at least two hours of volunteer work per musician per year. Some of our parents serve many more hours each year! Please complete the Volunteer Options Form to let us know about your preferences and availability for volunteering. A volunteer coordinator will contact you. After you volunteer, please record your completed hours either in the physical notebook at rehearsals or in the Online Volunteer Log. Thank you!
Tuition for 2017-2018
|Full||In 2 installments||In 4 installments|
- Tuition due dates: if full Oct. 15; if 2 installments, Oct. 15 and Feb. 15; if 4 installments, Oct 15, Nov. 15, Feb. 15, March 15.
- Tuition for the Amadeus Players includes the Amadeus Retreat which is held in early October.
- Limited tuition assistance is available. Please apply for tuition assistance if needed. Donations to the Tuition Assistance fund are gladly accepted in order to help students who might otherwise not be able to participate.
You can bring any form to a rehearsal, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to:
- Salem Youth Symphony
P.O. Box 1113
Salem, OR 97308
If you have any questions, please contact Joyce Epp at 503-485-2244.