Many of our students enjoy attending a music camp during the summer. Some parents have requested that we make a list of music camps that other SYS students have enjoyed.
This list is NOT an endorsement, implied or otherwise, of any camp by Salem Youth Symphony. The list is merely a starting place for our families to “hear about” the existence of a camp from our other families.
In alphabetical order:
- Chamber Music Camp of Portland – Strings, piano. One week. Day or residential (for some). Held on University of Portland campus.
- Marrowstone Music Festival – Orchestra. Ages 13-25. Two weeks. Residential.
- Music Camps at Wallowa Lake – Brass camp, Woodwind camp – One week. Residential.
- Northwest Music and Leadership Academies – Summer camp opportunities for middle and high school students. Locations throughout Oregon.
- Oregon Suzuki Camp – Strings. One week. Day or residential. Held on George Fox University campus. Under age 14 attend with a parent.
- Salem-Keizer Summer Strings led by Jon Harris-Clippinger – for elementary and middle school string players.
- University of Oregon camps – Concert band camp. Marching band camp. Jazz improvisation camp. One week. Residential. Held on University of Oregon campus.
- Young Musicians and Artists (YMA) – Orchestra, Band, Choir. Two weeks. Residential. Held on Willamette University campus.
- Northwest Suzuki Institute – String Orchestra, lessons, through Suzuki book 7. One week. Held on University of Oregon campus.
Any others? If you’re a musician in Salem Youth Symphony and would like to let others know about a music camp you’ve attended, please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).